Maintenance Supervisor - Panama and Colon - #6389960
Instituto Smithsonian de Investigaciones Tropicale
Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute
Office of Human Resources
September 19th, 2023
NOTICE OF OPENING
Applications for Maintenance Supervisor will be accepted effective immediately.
Location of position: Earl Tupper Center.
The Maintenance Supervisor plays a crucial role in overseeing maintenance, repairs, and minor construction activities
within the facilities. Their primary responsibility in to ensure that all work is conducted in compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and applicable codes for various trades and scenarios. By effectively managing and coordinating maintenance tasks.
You will have some of the following responsibilities:
· Plans, directs, and coordinates the maintenance and repairs of all facilities and utilities in the complex and facilities.
· Supervise, control, administers and execute all the preventive and corrective maintenance to include but not limitedto, structural and civil works,electrical and mechanical works, power generators, chillers, chilled water lines, plumbing(potable and sewage lines), water treatment plants,fire detection and fire suppression systems, electrical systems,
masonry, pruning and gardening and office cleaning.
· When required coordinate and execute all required efforts to perform urgent repairworks in case of equipment’s
or utilities break downs (failures).
· With the Chief of Maintenance, prepareand follow up maintenance plansfor equipment’s utilities and facilities.
· Performs inspections to determine facilities conditions, equipment status and priorities of execution. Programrepairs as requiredwithout affecting the scientific processand/or investigations.
· Quote and prepare requisitions for the purchase of materials, parts, equipment, and services needed. Follow up on requisitions.
· Prepare detailedScope of Worksfor in house personnel actionor for bidding with externalContractors. Organize, coordinate, control and lead any assignedprojects procuring minor or no interference at all with scientific activities.
· Prepares an annual Budget and spending plan for the maintenance and repairs of the facility and/orcomplex. Assures that all expensesare within budgetrange.
· Maintain an efficient filingsystem with all maintenance and repairs recordsof the complex. Use existingforms or prepareforms for all types of maintenance involvedin the island.
· Supervise technicaland non-technical personnel, vacations, permits, medicalleave approval. Review and update position description, mid-term, and yearly evaluations for all the Tupper personnel.
· Prepares and direct in-service training programs for newly employedpersonnel.
· Prepare workingprocedures and SafetyJob analysis for the different types of jobs involved in the maintenance and repair of facilities.
· Other dutiesas assigned.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- University Engineering Degree in a specific field of engineering such as electrical, mechanical, electromechanical etc. with three years of supervision experience or University Engineering Technician Degree in any engineering related field and 5 years of supervision experience.
- Knowledge of electric, carpentry and mechanic works, air conditioning (direct expansion and chilled water), above
ground and confined space works, plumbing, wastewater plants and piping, electric generators,Variable frequency drives and electromechanical equipment automation, fire detection and fire suppression systems, gardening and general cleaning.
- Functionally bilingualEnglish/Spanish
For a full list of requirements and duties, please check the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17VN-syA36faV6G_LiojJNKldsK8pTKGD/view?usp=sharing (copy and paste in your browser)
Interested candidates please access web page: https://stri-sites.si.edu/recruiter/users/jobs.php?id=320,
complete the required fields and upload updated resume. Open until fill.